Monday, February 23, 2009

All I can say is WOW!


So, yesterday after church, Greg and his little farm hand(that's me) went to Jefferson to pick up some hay to deliver to a customer. So, we change clothes and off Greg goes to load up the hay. Well, I go to Diann and Lin's house to talk to them and catch up on all the latest. In the middle of our conversation, I saw something very large running across the street..it appeared to be a cow, but I thought that maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me. We look outside, see nothing and Lin makes his way to the barn. I am still thinking, I know I saw a cow, so I walk around outside a little bit and see nothing and proceed back to the house. I then hear the familiar jingle on Diann's phone-it was Lin and apparently there was a cow in the road-GREAT-I have not lost my mind! So, Diann and I load up in the truck to go help Greg and Lin with this roaming cow. We start the truck, put it in reverse and then in amazement, I see this huge beast just run through and break the electric fence. I mean, my mouth is open and I am just sitting in the truck and pointing. Thankfully, Diann saw me pointing and we got out of the truck to hopefully, keep this cow within these 2 fences until Greg and Lin can come to the rescue. Greg shows up and Diann runs in the house to call the neighbor whose cow is out, and then this same cow, who has just torn 2 electric fences, goes through another one! I am still standing there in amazement(I am new to this farm stuff, so I am standing there) Greg, however is on the run and running fast. Now, those of you who know me, I still look where I walk in all of the hay fields. I do NOT want to step in anything unfortunate and smelly! But, when my man took off, well I did too! I ran so fast and rolled under a hot wire and never even LOOKED at what I was running through! Long story short, Greg got the cow put up, Diann and Lin fixed all the fences, and Greg and I went and delivered hay. NEVER a dull moment on a farm!!! I really wish I had pictures of this-did I forget to mention that I had not taken off any of my Sunday attire jewelry? I had changed clothes into work clothes, but had not taken off the earrings, necklace, and bracelet before barrelling through the field-what a sight!

4 comments:

  1. WHAT A HOOT!!!!!!!! This just makes me belly-laugh!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nobody better make fun of my girl! It is something I would have loved to have seen.
    I still can't stop laughing.
    Love you sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would have made a great video!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should have seen Paige! She was awesome! A real farm girl in the making, and the bangles didn't slow her down at all. We were really impressed with our wonderful daughter-in-law!

    ReplyDelete