Monday, February 16, 2009

365 days of happiness!!!



Today is the one year anniversary since Greg and I said I do! I could not be any happier than I am right now! I never DREAMED I would ever get married, truly, after being single so long...I was prepared to be a crazy old lady who had tons of cats or something. When I met Greg, my life changed and I feel I am a better person because of us being together....wow, cut that sappy stuff out! SO-I had to work today and the plan was to eat dinner together before Greg had to go to one of his county Farm Bureau meetings. I quickly made a mad dash to Butcher Shop where I had ordered a small 8" round cake to resemble our wedding cake topper. My dear old pal Amanda had warned me that I would be dissapointed if I saved my wedding cake in the freezer-so thanks Amanda-the freshly made Butcher Shop cake rocked!!! So, after Butcher Shop, I put in an order to GZ'-that's what I'm talking about-I ordered 2 california rolls and crab rangoons-yum scrum! Then I quickly got home to beat Greg and get the table all set up and ready to go-he had no idea about the cake, so I wanted to suprise him. I quickly got the table set up, put on our wedding reception cd and waited for his Dodge truck to rumble down the driveway. His face was so suprised when he saw the table and the cake! We then ate a lovely dinner and...brace yourselves ladies...you are going to be oohing and ahhing (spelling?) Anyway, he read the letter he wrote to me on our Wedding day last year. WOW-the man is good! So, now I am home alone, he went to his meeting and the cake is calling my name-if anyone reads this and they work with me-give me a call...I can bring you a piece to school tomorrow! Happy 1 year anniversry babe-I can't wait for many more happy years together.

4 comments:

  1. Paige I can't believe it has been a year. I thought I would have such a hard time sharing you with your new husband. When I see how much you and Greg love each other it has been a little easier. I love you and I am so proud of you both!! The cake was great.....
    I love you both,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS! Where's My piece of Cake?

    ReplyDelete
  3. At last.... your love has come along! If you could only hear me sing!!! I am so happy for ya honey-bunch! I know he is wonderful - I hear ALL the stories! You deserve it! WOW that Amanda girl sounds really smart telling you to eat that cake up while it was good... :) Thanks for sharing, butcher shop rox!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED this story!!! Keep having soooo much fun, forever!!!!

    ReplyDelete