Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Jordan David


Friday, June 5th was a big day for Jordan-he graduated from high school!!! And-man did I ever feel old!!! I remember the day that mom and dad sat all four of us down and told us that we were going to have one more to join our large family. 9 months later he came and when he joined this world he became unique and special-he had 4 mommas instead of 1. All of us girls thought that he was ours as well. Mom was sceduled to have a C-section on October 3rd, 1991. Parish and I were brought to Longview Regional at an ungodly hour, with my grandmother (it was still dark outside) and April and Hannah arrived shortly after. Let me let you get a good picture of the look us girls was sporting. Hannah was in 2nd grade, I was in 3rd, and April in 4th grade. We were dressed in denim skirts and matching shirts that when you rolled the sleeve up, it was black. Hannah had a pink shirt, mine was purple, and April had blue-the 3 triplets! :-) Anyway-mom had Jordan and after we saw his cute self-it was on to school. I just knew that it had to be lunch time or hey-maybe even after. But, no! I had only missed my first class! This C-section thing did not take as long as I had hoped! :-)
Back to Jordan! Jordan is such a sweet soul.....when he wants to be! Most of the time he might have a little grumpy tone to him, but if you keep at him, his inner sweet self will emerge. Jordan has always been my running buddy. I am 8 years older than him, but he knows me oh so well! Even after I left home and went to college, he and I have always been able to pick up where we left off and enjoy our time together. He knows my true singing voice and my dance (or lack of) moves that I will do in the car listening to my favorite songs. He is such a helper and will do anything for you-granted he will have a moan or graon about it-he will still do it! His heart is so big-the girl who wins his heart will have to be something special or... I just might have to run her off! :-) All the ladies at church are on the lookout for Jordan-they know he has a hug, just for them and they are ready to recieve!
Jordan-you know I love you so much and we are all proud of you-did I mention Jordan got a scholarship to Panola-Whoo-Hoo! Greg and I are here for you if you need us-and yes-you better call me or I will drive down there and embarrass you! You know I will...remember Junior High-my windows rolled down and Celine Dion blaring out of the car...it will be worse, much worse-you MUST call mom and then me! :-) I love you babe!

2 comments: