Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Parish Cole


Parish left Thursday morning to begin a new journey in his life. He is on his way to Grand Junction, Colorado to do a 3 month stay for his internship in Corrosion. He gave us a hug good bye and on his way he went! I can't tell you how old I feel when I see him or Jordan and look at all the ways that they have changed from babies to boys, and now to young men. They both are such great people and I love them so much! But-since this Parish's journey-I will brag about him and in June-I will brag about Jordan when he closes his chapter in high school.
From what I can remember-I was excited about Parish from the very beginning! Granted-my momma told me that he was "my baby" and that all who came over to ask to see him, had to ask me if they could hold my baby. In time...I think I truly began to think that. If he was playing T-ball or had a football game-I felt he needed me there and that I had to be there to see him and to support him. I even made my college schedule so that I could come in and see both of my boys play Football!
I think that we all have imperfections and areas we need to work on-but I do think we all have areas that we have great strength and talent. I feel that some of Parish's strengths is that he is such a loving person and I feel he such a hard worker-he at times inspires me to do more and to be more. When I see him, especially with my grandmother-there is not a single doubt in her mind as to how much Parish loves her. He is really great at showing that. He is thoughtful-before he left on his trip, he took the time to get a card for Jordan to congratulate him on his graduation and one for me, for my birthday-since he would not be here with us during those special times. Parish truly knows how to read people and at times he might use it to his advantage by pushing your buttons-but then he knows exactly how to make it right and to make you laugh-you know I am right on that one buddy! :-)
Parish-we all wish you the very best life has to bring! We are all praying for you that this prepares you and that you get to experience so many things that you might not otherwise have had the opportunity to do or see. You are SO LOVED by all of us! We are all here for you-CONGRATULATIONS-you make us all so very proud!!!!

4 comments:

  1. My sweet children!!! You all have your special talents and your special love for one another!
    I am so proud that you all have each other. You know the boys believe they have more than one Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh.... you made me get tears!
    Really good one, hon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is NOTHING better than little brothers! Who would arrange their college schedule around their brother's football games? ME and You... that is who and what is GREAT is that we wouldn't have had it ANY OTHER WAY! :)

    ReplyDelete