Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Back at school...

Man-I feel old and tired this week! :-)
Greg and I are so super busy at the camp this week! Breakfast is at 6:45 and our last meeting, when we make sure all the kids are accounted for is at 11pm. All the kids have been divided into companies and Greg is heading up Company H. We are in 2nd place right now among all the other companies and truly-I have no clue why! :-) Just an example of how the companies compete for points,etc.-This morning our kids had to perform a rap that they had made up about the camp...did I mention that these kids are at an agriculture camp, meaning most grew up on farms....one rap was about John Deere tractors-LOL! Anyway-our group went up there and came away with a win. Greg and I were in disbelief-our group is quite a strange mix of all different kinds of kids-but they have made it fun and interesting to work with them.
I have had a hard time keeping my mouth closed-the teacher in me wants to take over and organize, but this week is about the kids taking leadership roles and doing a lot of the tasks on their own. For all my fellow Kinder friends-I had to almost put my hand over my mouth last night when a few kids were talking while Greg was-it was on the tip of my tongue to ask them to put a bubble in their mouth-no lie-I almost did! :-)
The kids really seem to love Greg and he does a great job with them. I am really proud that he can keep the creative ideas flowing from them and to keep them focused-I only thought 5 year olds had a hard time-geez-these kids need constant redirection. But, Greg is great-as I have all told yall before!
So-I just helped check 2 floors of girl rooms to make sure they all went to their group meetings and that all hair appliances are unplugged. I am suppose to be helping Greg with group discussions-so I better go get back to work!

On a side note-if you read this Jackie-I am so sorry I missed seeing sweet Erin last week-things were just so busy last week. :-(

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what an exciting summer life! You just go and go...never a boring moment! Yea, for you!
    As always, keep having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you continue to allow Greg to be the 'leader' and 'keep the bubble in YOUR mouth'!: )
    Have a great rest of the week!
    Miss you! Call when you get back and have time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you are letting Mr. Greg wear the panties this week? I am sure that he appreciates that... as for the little dudes being rude and not "talking at appropriate times," yea... just give them that "teacher look" when Gregg isn't looking! Crack me up! I am glad that you are having a good time. Can't wait to hear some more stories... keep'm coming sister!

    Love ya, Amanda Laine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete