Monday, July 27, 2009

Cancer Free

Greg's dad Lin went in for his 2nd PET scan since receiving chemo and radiation and he is officially cancer free! I cannot tell you how happy, elated, relieved, thankful, etc. that we all are! God is soooo good! I think we were all a little worried-his last scan had shown a small spot on his lung and I think that for months we have been holding our breath waiting to get a confirmation on what it could be. It was apparently a shadow and not anything cancerous.
Lin is still undergoing other medical things right now-but he is in good spirits. He had to have some dental surgery prior to receiving chemo and radiation treatment and when he went in for a checkup recently-the doctors were not too pleased with his healing progress. He now has to go to Good Shepherd for 40-that is right-40 treatments in a hyperbaric chamber to help with the healing process. I hope the treatments pass quickly for him!

So-thanks to you all for prayers and support! I really have to give a big shout of thanks to all my PT family-you have all been great about remembering Lin in your prayers and about asking me about his progress-it meant the world to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment